Pages

Sunday 17 February 2013

Spotify Playlist: Great Songwriting




I wanted to share a playlist with any of my readers that also use Spotify. I'm personally a huge fan of Spotify and being able to discover great music. I like nothing better than putting together playlists of great music.

This playlist in particular is all about the songwriting. I don't care about the genre although most of this fits neatly within the Pop category with a few cool outsiders, but these songs are all tracks that I believe showcase amazing songwriting. For me, a great song could be arranged on just a guitar and vocals and still touch that place that amazing music touches.

Obviously the emphasis is on songs and not tracks or production so there's no dubstep, trance or maybe some more artistic experiments in music. Just good vocal melodies and lyrics that stir up the soul in some way. There are some modern top forties, old classics and relatively unknowns all thrown in there and I'm open to all and any suggestions if you want to comment.


Follow the link to subscribe to this ever growing and evolving list of music and let me know what you think.